M.O.S.T. The Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.O.S.T. The Manga Club

A forum for members of Northampton High School's manga club MOST to gather and discuss...anything!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cosplay Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pen

Pen

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:45 am

Marie and William, S.O.S on finding his jacket or good art so i can make it... T.T >.<
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 am

Zach, if it's something that's only referring to a small group of people and not the community as a whole, it should be taken to PMs, por favor. This is now the General Cosplay thread!

Hope Bethany doesn't kill me for doing this in her place. XD

-Secretary Mel, just a secretary.
Back to top Go down
https://most.forumotion.net
Pen

Pen

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 am

k,

i Found the guns for Badou Nails from Dogs Bullets and Carnage
http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftGunMachineGunSpringP815AOWP815A.html
so i can use those, his shirt shouldnt be to hard to find/ i can simply use and everyday shirt if need be.
i also found his belt/ a belt that will work, but sadly no jacket even similar >.<
Back to top Go down
Secretary_Bethany

Secretary_Bethany

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:20 pm

In my opinion a cosplay thread is acceptable due to the nature of the club, however I feel the creation of it for the sake of talking to a particular group of people is not good.

BE GENERAL PEOPLE, GENERAL. INDIVIDUAL CONVERSATIONS CAN BRANCH OFF, BUT NOT BE THE REASON FOR A THREAD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beezy63.deviantart.com
Pen

Pen

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:45 pm

the nature of a forum is to talk to people, it was aimed at them because they know who he is, and saying this is a "cosplay thread" will simply confuse people (if we had more people who used the forum) i made a thread for the character so that anyone who could help could post here for the reason of that singular cosplay... if we have many people talking about different cosplays in a single thread it will be chaotic and messy.

but you guys are admin so w/e
Back to top Go down
Secretary_Mel

Secretary_Mel

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but although the point of a forum is to talk to people, it's to talk to people and a community, not just a select few. The way you worded the post made it seem like you meant for the post to only refer to Marie and William, not the club as a whole. If you intended it for anyone who could help, you should have said that in the OP.

What I don't get, however is how this would get confusing from being just a general cosplay thread. If we use a system of quotes it's pretty easy to hold separate conversations in a single thread, and it's not like everybody needs help with their cosplays all at once. It's like a regular conversation, an exchange. If anything, it would be more confusing to have cosplay threads for each character a person wanted to dress up as, since it would clog up the sub-forum. Having fifty-billion threads all looking for the same general idea/thing seems messy and unreasonable.

So yeah, general cosplay thread. End of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Secretary_Bethany

Secretary_Bethany

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm with Mel on this, forums are meant to be a place to talk to the community as a whole. Even if you started it with something like

"Let's talk about cosplays! Right now I'm work on Badou from Dogs and so forth" it would have been better. It's common forum etiquette, if you only want to address two people PM them, end of story.

Quote :
If we use a system of quotes it's pretty easy to hold separate conversations in a single thread, and it's not like everybody needs help with their cosplays all at once.

Precisely. If you learn to use the tools the forum offers (which, by the way, it offers A LOT, all you have to do is take 5 minutes to figure out what the buttons do) it would be easy for people to talk about more than one cosplay in a single thread.

(Also, I know who Badou is, I happen to adore him, so don't go assuming only a few people know either)

However this has passed, and any further arguing on the subject placed in this topic will be deleted, and that's that. If you have an issue with this, send me a PM, I'll gladly break it down for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beezy63.deviantart.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:41 pm

I wasn't kidding, if this arguing persists I'm deleting the entire topic.
Back to top Go down
https://most.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

The Cosplay Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cosplay Thread   The Cosplay Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cosplay Thread
Page 1 of 1