M.O.S.T. The Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.O.S.T. The Manga Club

A forum for members of Northampton High School's manga club MOST to gather and discuss...anything!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Secretary_Mel

Secretary_Mel

BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL Empty
PostSubject: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 am

Books are awesome. Everyone knows that. We should talk about them then!

I have a strange obsession with mystery novels, (and an even larger one for Sherlock in particular♥) so I have a bit of an arsenal of those. XD I reccomend The Victoria Vanishes, by Christopher Fowel, and Sherlock Holmes book. The Victoria Vanishes is a little bit like Law and Order only everyone's British and the main characters are two dashing old men. (Well, and Peculiar Crime Unit, but John May and Arthur Bryant are the senior detectives of that unit so... c: )

Tell us whatcha readin'!
Back to top Go down
OztheOtherZachAndJosh

OztheOtherZachAndJosh

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 am

Okay let me just say that if i was a girl I would spend 20 years developing and making a time machine and go back in time 4000 years just to have 1 hour of sex with Sherlock Holmes. Also i do love mystery but i also love fantasy and fiction.

as for what what I am currently reading, it is a book called 'Deception by 'Denise Mina' It is about a women who works as a therapist / other for murderers and one day while one of the murderers was on bail h got murdered and this women is the prime subject. So her husband is left to find information for an appeal and what he finds is that his wife might have been having an affair with this murderer and she might have murdered him because he was going to marry a different women (kind of like a love rectangle).
Back to top Go down
Secretary_Mel

Secretary_Mel

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 am

BACK OFF, HOLMES IS MINE. -shot- I kid. (Watson is sexier anyhow)

That sounds really intense! I'll have to check it out.

(Oh I guess I should explain what The Victoria Vanishes is about.)

The Victoria Vanishes focuses on one unit of the Scotland Yard, the Peculiar Crimes Unit. The PCU takes on cases deemed to strange or unusual to be solved by regular cops. However, due to their questionable methods, the Home Unit keeps trying to find ways to shut them down. One night, after the death of one of the PCU's members, Oswald Finch, Arthur Bryant (yaaay!) walks home (a little tipsy, but still functional) from Oswald's wake. On his way, he sees a woman stagger into a bar.

The next morning, that woman is found dead and the bar she walked into is gone; apparently torn down eighty years ago.

What actually happened is incredibly intense, and you'll have to pay attention to small details in the book to understand the whole mystery. Definitely worth the read.
Back to top Go down
Secretary_Bethany

Secretary_Bethany

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 pm

EVEN IF I WAS A MAN, I WOULD STILL GO BACK IN TIME TO HAVE SEX WITH SHERLOCK HOLMES. UNF. Heyyyy baby~

-cough- ANYWAY~

I'm currently in the middle of re-reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, and reading Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

Good Omens is about Armageddon and how 11 years before it was destined to happen, hell lost the antichrist. And then it just sort of tells the story of the 4 apocalyptic horsepersons preparing (War, famine, death and pollution, because pestilence retired), following the antics of the demon Crowley and his angel enemy/buddy (because when theyre the only person around for thousands of years, you tend to become friends) Aziraphale (<-AHHHHH♥♥♥) as well as covering what happens with the Antichrist. The book is FANTASTIC.

Going Postal is about a con artist who gets arrested and sentenced to hang, but they fake his death and end up making him become head postmaster at a post office where old letters have been piling up for 100s of years and the past 5 post masters have mysteriously died. Also a REALLY good book.

If you haven't noticed, I really like Terry Pratchett AHHHHH♥♥♥ If you like books that still have a psychological aspect, but are rich in humor at the same time, I HIGHLY recommend his work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beezy63.deviantart.com
Julia-"Juju"

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 pm

I love books so much I can't even tell you X3

I just finished reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card:
One of the best science fiction books ever written. It's about a kid (6) who's a genius so they send him to something called Battle School. His purpose is to save the whole of humanity. It's a really fantastic book

lol I'm reading Good Omens right now (Very Happy Very Happy)

My favorite book is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I have to tell you, I have read a substantial amount of books. I mean really. And I look for good writing. I enjoy it and when I find it I tell everyone about it. This book is literally the most well written book I have ever read. As well as the one with the mostinteresting characters, the most interesting plot, and the one that makes me go OH MY GOD I NEED TO THAT AGAIN RIGHT NOW. It's about a hero (well, THE hero), now he's retired, and he's telling his story. It is unbelievable.

I love books <3
Back to top Go down
http://northamptonscificlub.yolasite.com
OztheOtherZachAndJosh

OztheOtherZachAndJosh

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:13 am

HOLY SHIT I FUCKING LOVE ENDERS GAME!!!!! but i still must read the rest of the series (consisting of about 12 more books...) AND I SHALL START WITH ENDERS SHADOW!
Back to top Go down
OztheOtherZachAndJosh

OztheOtherZachAndJosh

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 am

is it me or is the anti gravity room just the coolest thing ever?
Back to top Go down
Julia-"Juju"

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:07 am

I love the anti gravity room XD

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason (other than Orson Scott Card just refusing) why they haven't done a movie of it.

I haven't read the rest of the series either, but Ender's Shadow is definetly the place to start!
Back to top Go down
http://northamptonscificlub.yolasite.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL   BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL Empty

Back to top Go down

BOOKS ARE PRETTY COOL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.O.S.T. The Manga Club :: Discussion Center :: General Chat-
Jump to: